Pet Parrot (Loja) allowed??

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Kaz_K
Tourist

Pet Parrot (Loja) allowed??

Postby Kaz_K » Sun May 05, 2024 7:37 pm

Good evening

New to the forum and reading all the useful information

We are moving this year to Loja and wondered if with the new laws in Spain , if we would be allowed to bring our parrot of 32 years and if so have to register him.

It is not clear that the list of birds this will include as been published yet

Thank you in advance

Kaz xoxo

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Pet Parrot (Loja) allowed??

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 06, 2024 1:46 pm

Are you already resident in Spain? I see your location is Menorca. I think it's illegal to now buy parrots but if you have one then it needs to be registered (possibly at the ayuntamiento I think?). If you register it in Menorca then I imagine you can bring it to the mainland and re-register it here as an existing owner. It does seem that parrots can travel to Spain if all the paperwork is in order.

Have a look at the posts on this which gives some more info
https://www.costablancaforum.com/area/b ... 57/?page=2

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 pm

Welcome to the forum .

I cannot help you with your parrot question but can give you the names of two vets in the town you might use.

Clinica veterinaria Victoria and clinica veterinaria Salustiano. Both one “ man” operations. There are others but they tend to be out during the day doing farm animal rounds. We ended up using Hospital Veterinario Sur in Granada as they had more expertise ( 20 staff).. Saw a pet goshawk in there one day.

Kaz_K
Tourist

Postby Kaz_K » Wed May 15, 2024 8:13 pm

Thank you for the welcome and the vets information

Kaz

Kaz_K
Tourist

Postby Kaz_K » Wed May 15, 2024 8:15 pm

Yes I am a resident in Spain and will have a look at the useful links

Thank you

Kaz
Wicksey wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:46 pm Are you already resident in Spain? I see your location is Menorca. I think it's illegal to now buy parrots but if you have one then it needs to be registered (possibly at the ayuntamiento I think?). If you register it in Menorca then I imagine you can bring it to the mainland and re-register it here as an existing owner. It does seem that parrots can travel to Spain if all the paperwork is in order.

Have a look at the posts on this which gives some more info
https://www.costablancaforum.com/area/b ... 57/?page=2